Grief Resources in Albuquerque
There are a number of grief resources available in Albuquerque. We have listed a few that come recommended by others or with which we have positive first hand experience.
- The Agora Hotline is a good resource for immediate help. Follow this link to all three Agora Hotline telephone numbers.
- Bill Jacobs LPCC: our phones (505-379-0810) are on 24-7 if you need immediate professional help.
Grief Support Groups
In Albuquerque, we are familiar with two support group organizations.
This organization provides support for families.
- They host groups for the whole family: parents, teens and children.
- The groups are held on both sides of town
- Groups are held weekly in the evenings.
- Dinner is provided.
- There is no cost for these services.
Our experience with this group is extremely positive. Bill Jacobs LPCC is a member of the board of directors of the CGC.
This organization provides support for parents who have lost children. We have not direct experience with it but hear excellent comments from those who have.
At Bill Jacobs LPCC we provide counseling services for those who are suffering from severe grief or for those who are not able to move past their loss. Call us for an appointment.