Internet Counseling is a growing field, and can be incredibly helpful in some cases.
There are distinct advantages:
- Saves travel time and money
- Helps those who are not close to services
- Provides additional confidentiality
Bill Jacobs LPCC accepts clients for internet counseling after evaluation.
- We don't work with people over the internet when serious or life-threatening mental health issues are involved.
- We do not work with children, couples or families over the internet.
Internet Counseling Payments
Our internet counseling rates are as follows:
Intake Session..$100 (includes $25 discount for Counseling Intake Form)
All Internet Counseling is private pay and paid in advance by credit card.
All internet counseling clients must fill out a Counseling Intake Form prior to their first session.
Steps to Prepare for Internet Counseling
- Call us for session availability.
- Download and install Skype (www.skype.com) to your computer. (We cannot provide technical support.)
- Have a camera, either embedded in your computer or attached that is interfaced with Skype.
- Pay for your initial intake session and fill out the Counseling Intake Form.
- Be sure your equipment is working and you are online with Skype up and running when it's time for your appointment.
- We will ring your Skype account when it's time for your session.