Counseling is expensive and it takes time. Besides all the things we've already covered about appointments, what to look for in a therapist, payment, etc., there are several things clients can do right here on the web to prepare.
- On this site is a menu heading to the left called "Clinical Topics." Check it to see if the issue with which you are concerned is listed. The more you know about your situation the better it will be for you when you start therapy. Follow some of the links or Google your topic. Learn as much as you can.
- Read the menu topic "How We Help." This area will help you understand what kinds of treatments we use. If you have ideas about your treatment or questions, discussing them will help us go forward.
- Read the menu topic, "Our Training." We want you to know as much as you can about us before you come in. If you do your homework you will feel more confident and at ease.
- Download and read the "Counseling Agreement," found on the left menu.
- Fill out the Counseling Intake Form. Better to get that out of the way we can become familiar with your situation, making our first session more beneficial.